National Accounts Manager- Chesterfield
Job Reference: 24233
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A National Account Manager is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful applicant will:
- Develop working relationships with key employees and decision makers of the client in order to leverage the trading agreement and relationship to deliver objectives against a specific account management plan.
- Ensure networks of relationships are established with key A-Plant colleagues who can support the client relationship and help to provide a platform for growth.
- To manage a balanced approach to managing revenue growth and price increases in order to deliver against defined business objectives.
- Deliver a high level of customer service in partnership with the core A-Plant business and all specialist Divisions.
- To maximise A-Plant share of wallet across all appropriate products.
- To lead the Tender or Retender process with support from the Commercial Team and the wider A-Plant business where required to maximise the opportunity for success for all A-Plant business units.
- Experience in the hire sector or of managing National Accounts, whilst desirable, is not a prerequisite for success with your application.
- Technically proficient with Live Lights and Fencing & Barriers products.
- An individual who can engage with key internal and external stakeholders across various commercial departments through to Director level to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Ability to develop long term relationships and offer outstanding culturally involved training management.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business cultural alignment
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing all aspects of the divisions activities
In return we can offer a competitive salary, a generous target based bonus scheme, Company car, laptop, healthcare, mobile phone and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.